Friday, August 1, 2008

Dr. Horrible--A Man Warning or A Must See?


The man standard for watching good manly movies or TV shows requires 45% heart pounding action, 40% things blowing up, 10% attractive female cast, and 5% well rounded story. There is also a man standard for bad girly movies and TV shows as well. Girly movies breakdown to 35% romantic comedy, 25% shirtless men, 25% thought provoking story, and 15% sappy lovie dovie happy ending. Also it should be noted that if the movie has dancing, singing or dancing while singing, or singing with rhythmic movement qualifies as girly movie with a "Man Warning: DO NOT SEE" advisory. With this being said please let me share the following story.


While running on the elliptical machine of death the other day at the gym, I was forced to watch Oprah. (I must say that I have never watched Oprah until that day.) Oprah's guest for the day was one of my favorite actors Neil Patrick Harris from "How I met your mother". Anyway, Mr. Harris was talking about a short film that he did with Joss Wedon creator of creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly. The title of the project----"Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog"!! So even though the project seemed highly likely to have the dreaded singing and maybe some dancing in it, I decided to check it out. I have to say I have found the one musical that I truly love. Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog was not only laugh out loud funny, but even the songs were funny. It is a must see for Men and Women. You can watch the show for free online at http://www.drhorrible.com/ or buy it at Itunes. The show runs around 45 minutes long. Man Cave Out--

1 comment:

Rachael M. said...

LOL - Ben also LOVED this "musical." So have all the other "men" I know.

So you're in excellent company.

I listened to it (I was working in the dining room while Ben watched on his laptop) and enjoyed what I got to hear of it :-D