Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Inspiration

So, as I said in a previous post this blogging has led to me visiting a lot of other blogs and websites. There are some really talented and creative people out there and I've gotten totally inspired! Lately, I've neglected my sewing (something I've always loved) and that's about to change. With the kids (all 3) going to school in a few days I was worried about how I'd spend my days at least until I start back to school in late August. Well, I'm declaring it here and now -- I'm going to get sewing!
Now that I've made that declaration I need you all to follow up with encouragment (ie nagging). Please!!! I'm a huge procrastinator. Right now I'm making lists of things I want to sew for me, the girls, and gifts. As usual the list is huge but I'll feel great if I can get a few things done before my classes begin.
Ok, now I've got to go uncover my sewing machine and dust everything off (literally).

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I can't wait to get to that point to sew away!! I still have a quilt left half way done for Evyn that I need to get done. Eek. Her baby is due in 7 weeks and there is always my fall list of things to sew. Halloween costumes, Christmas dresses, quilts, and more quilts, and more... The list could go on and on.

Get to sewing woman!!

Krager said...

Don't forget about your plans on going to very store within a 3 hour radius that you could not take the kids.

Rachael M. said...

I have a brand new sewing machine that I have done nothing with but take out of the box. This was what I bought after my old machine ticked me off by dropping the bottom stitch one too many times...last Christmas.

I really need to get sewing. I've got projects and fabrics and all kinds of stuff coming out of my ears and can't seem to just do it!

Sara said...

Your motivation can be going to Hancock's or Hobby Lobby when they have their patterns for $.99! That's what I do. Then I get the marked down material...or the real stuff, since you saved on the pattern. Have fun. I have a load waiting for me at home. I decided to make stuff I would wear since I can never find what I'm looking for in the store.