Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Catching up via FaceBook

OK, I'm slow on the uptake when it comes to computers. I've been blogging for nearly 10 months now and it took me a couple years to get started. Well, now I've become a FaceBooker and I'm getting addicted! I've found so many people I haven't seen or heard from for years...it's been interesting. It's odd though, for me, to try to catch-up with people via FB. We talk differently on FB. All the sentences are short, sometimes not even sentences.



There are little blurbs like Jennie Vaughn "is currently working to develop a cure for BHS - bored housewife syndrome"

Then you can "write on SoandSo's wall" First, writing on a wall?! The mother in me screams, "NOOO! You CANNOT write on the wall!!!" Then, the rebel in me writes something profound like, "Hey SoandSo...How are you? I've got three kids and live in a house...what about you? Duh."



It feels weird. (Kind of like when your picutes don't have anything to do with your post!) Don't get me wrong, I really love that I've found so many of these people but, its still a little surreal. I like hearing voices and seeing faces. Guess I'm old-fashioned that way!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am going to go write all over your wall now.

I totally get you on the face book thing. I am closer to my blogging freinds than I am to actually friends and they just don't get it...like I have this other life.