Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 6 -- Rainy days and Mondays

Yesterday was rainy so there was no trip to the pool (boo!). Instead the kiddos and I got some organizing done in my office. Inspired again by the book The Happiness Project, I drug out the box of the kids' school and artwork I'd been saving for years. I sorted the one box into three (one for each kid) and labeled them. Now, when we get papers etc to save the kids each put them in their own box. I'm still hoping to sort them into expandable fileboxes, but baby-steps.

In addition to the paper sorting I organized the school supplies stash, hung some maps as artwork on my office walls, moved an old dresser into the office for game storage, and FINALLY put a rug on my cold office floor. I love it so much I may actually work in my office now . . . maybe.

Evie begins her dance with her "suitcase" ala Gene Kelly








After organizing was through the girls and I sat down to watch one of my favorite musicals, Singin' in the Rain. All the singing and dancing inspired the girls to try some "tap dancing."

Kallie's final pose in her "tap" routine

Organizing, dancing, musicals; so, how's your summer shaping up?

 Much Love, J


1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm catching up on my blogs today. I should learn from you and post something small each day. There's enough that goes on in our house. But I love reading about your comings and goings.