Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Back to school

It's the first day of classes! That's always an exciting day for me. This semester I've got some interesting projects in the works and I'm NOT teaching. I'm not yet sure how I feel about that. I LOVE teaching, but it's tough to teach classes and take classes, too. I'm looking forward to no grading (yuck!) But, I'll miss having students!

I'm also nervous about the work I will be doing this semester. I will be working as an assistant to two professors. One is writing a book and I'll be doing research for her. The other is Director of the First-year Writing Program and I'll do various projects for her. I'm super excited about the research and the writing program admin experience will be great on the ole CV. So why the nerves, right? Well, it's my skeptical side...it just seems to easy, something's bound to happen. I shouldn't think like that, I know. I'm working to not be so pessimistic. I'm sure I'll be challenged and delighted by this semester like always! We'll see...

Much love, J

No comments: