Saturday, January 10, 2009

A new motto

Yesterday's drive was great. I plugged in the ipod and blasted some tunes I hadn't heard in quite a while. One of those was an old Hank Williams, Sr. tune. I love him, his music is so twangy - it makes me smile. Anyway, the song was "I'll never get through this world alive". The chorus goes, "No matter how I struggle and strive, I'll never get through this world alive." As I listened at first I laughed and thought "Yeah, you got that right." Then as I thought on I realized - it is right. We come to this Earth to have a life and time to learn and grow. We sometimes struggle and get bogged down in bad times. But guess what? We can choose to spend all of our time focusing on our struggles or on our joys because this is our one chance on Earth and we won't leave this existance alive.
It was like, "Eureka!" I'm out of my funk and I'm over other people's pettiness and stupidity (for now). I'm only human so I'm sure I'll need a reminder again later. But for now, my new motto is "I'll never get through this world alive." And I'm not going to stress about it, I'm going to try to enjoy it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yup...it works for me every day.

I do not let other's steal my sunshine. Neither should you.

I also love HW jr.

Love ya girl!

Marlene