Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Prayer of Thanksgiving

I thank thee dear Father in heaven above,
For thy goodness and mercy, thy kindness and love.
I thank thee for home, friends, and parents so dear,
And for every blessing that I enjoy here.

Help me to be good, kind, and gentle today,
And mind what my father and mother shall say.
In the dear name of Jesus, so loving and mild,
I ask thee to bless me and keep me thy child.

"I Thank Thee, Dear Father" Children's Songbook, pg 7

This simple, children's song expresses my gratitude and thankfulness for all that I have. I know that I and my family are truly blessed. All that we have and are comes through blessings from Heavenly Father. I could make a list a mile long for all that I am thankful for! I love you all and wish you a safe, happy, cozy Thanksgiving Day with your loved ones.

No comments: